Wednesday, June 07, 2017

First LGBT Pride Month Display Up At Houston City Hall

On my birthday, as their way to get me out of the house and to a known location so they could surprise me, I ended up at Eric Edward Schell's studio to take a P.R.I.D.E, Portrait.

I was happy to discover that it is one of the photos that went up today along with a placard explaining the project;

The P.R.I.D.E Portraits project was created by Schell, and the acronym stands for Photographs Representing Individuals Deserving Equality.   As Schell said in an OuTSmart interview this campaign is about visibility.

"Visibility is key to promoting the humanization of a group that faces dehumanization every day," said Schell.

It's also vital it happen when the Texas TBLGQ community is under sustained legislative attack.

prideportraits2
As far as we;re aware of , this is the first time that the city of Houston has displayed an LGBTQ-specific project at City Hall, and it couldn't have come at a more opportune time.   .

No comments: