Thursday, October 30, 2014

TransGriot 2014 NFL Picks Week 9

We are now past the halfway mark of the 2014 NFL regular season and our prognostication contest. 

While once again I had a respectable week picking games, the frustrating pattern continues with one of my opponents doing slightly better.

Hey, considering the drama I've been through over the last few weeks, it's amazing I'm still in this.

And it's always a good week when the Texans beat the Tennessee Traitors and the Cowboys lose.

But I also lost ground on Mike, who expanded his lead to three games in our contest no thanks to Tampa Bay blowing that game to Minnesota in OT.

It figures the one week I pick the Arlington Cowchips to win, they revert to past form and lose at home to the Washington Need To Change Their NFL Nickname From That Racial Slur ASAP.

As I mentioned, the Texans ended that three game losing streak (and they are  out of my blogging NFL doghouse for now), but they face a Philadelphia Eagles team that will probably be pissed off when they come to NRG Stadium.

Well, let's get to my Week 9 NFL picks.   Only 13 games to select because there are six teams on their bye week (Falcons, Bills, Bears, Lions, Packers and Titans)

My picks are in underlined bold print as usual, and when Eli and Mike's are available, they'll be linked to later.

Week 8 Results

TransGriot  9-6
Eli               8-7
Mike           10-5

2014 NFL Season Record

TransGriot     77-43-1
Eli                  76-44-1
Mike              80-40-1

NFL Week 9

Thursday Night Game
Carolina over New Orleans

Sunday Early Games

Cleveland over Tampa Bay
Dallas over Arizona
Philadelphia over Houston
Kansas City over NY Jets
Cincinnati over Jacksonville
San Diego over Miami
Washington over Minnesota

Sunday Afternoon Games
San Francisco over St Louis
Denver over New England
Seattle over Oakland

Sunday Night Game
Baltimore over Pittsburgh

Monday Night Game
Indianapolis over NY Giants

No comments: