Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Air Marshal Takes Flight To Boston

Box cutter found aboard Southwest Airlines flight at Hobby AirportI'm at Hobby again to take another jet plane. 

This time I'm headed to Boston for the National Association of Black Journalists Convention.

This trip will be one full of firsts for me.  In addition to this being my first ever time to Boston after multiple ones to western Massachusetts, it's also the first time I'll get the opportunity to be in the NABJ convention house. 

I have a panel discussion set for tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to finally meeting Kellee Terrell after corresponding with her for several years on Facebook.   Looking forward to being in the same space with the awesome Kenyon Farrow again for the first time since that OUT on the Hill panel we were participating on together and seeing Tiq Milan again.

Boston-North-Station21I get a nonstop nearly 4 hour flight (3 hours and :50 minutes on the schedule) for this opening leg of this trip but wasn't so lucky on the return.

On my return leg home I'll have to roll through Chicago Midway before I get back to my beloved Texas soil.

Assuming the Southwest flight is on time, I'll get there in the afternoon.    As always I'll be taking notes and doing a recap post concerning my latest travel excursion.   

No comments: